Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Internet Searching

Here is another issue. How do I find where to find food if I need it? Not everyone uses the internet, but what if I was an internet user and I needed to find food, food I didn't need to pay for? There are many organizations which have great setups listing when and where they give out meals, but for an inexperienced internet user, even these sites would be difficult to find and understand.

I'd like to be able to type in the search: I'm Hungry

This is the simplest cry for help, yet this search only returns videos and restaurant blogs. (Not to knock the blogs...) How have communities made this information more accessible to the food insecure and the newly food insecure?

Please share your stories of success or failure so that we may all search for a solution to this problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment